Zoe+Ruth Callus Remover scores 95/100 (The Best Choice) by...
Calluses are common among both men and women. A callus refers to thick layers of dead skin cells which are usually caused by pressure or friction. It is usually found on your feet due to constant pressure and frequent walking.
Generally, they are not harmful but if left untreated and not removed, it can become thicker. This becomes uncomfortable for most people. In some cases, it can lead to other skin conditions such as infection or skin ulcer.
This is why it is important to take good care of your feet. After all, your feet will take you to great places. Thus, we’ve rounded up the best callus remover reviews to give you a more an in-depth look at the features and functions including the pros and cons of each product.
What Causes a Callus?
A callus can form on any part of your body as long as it is exposed to constant pressure or friction. You can acquire it from conducting different types of activities. It can develop not only on your feet but on your finger and hands as well.
If you’re not wearing the right kind of shoes, a callus will usually form on your feet. Make sure the size of your footwear properly fits feet. Avoid pointed shoes because the irregular shape squeezes your toes and therefore allowing calluses to develop.
Wearing high heels is on top of the list especially since it provides more pressure on the toes. This is why women who constantly wear high heels are more likely to experience foot problems compared to men.
Another reason is when you wear certain footwear without using socks. The friction of the shoes or sandals against your skin can produce a callus. A callus typically forms on the side, heel or ball of your feet where it holds pressure and weight.
Many physical activities are culprits to acquiring calluses. It can be developed from construction work, lifting heavy materials, sports, hiking, biking, dancing, playing, and a lot of other events. Having a callus is normal for most people who have an active lifestyle.
The outermost layers of our skin produce dead cells. Exposure to toxic materials and viruses can cause a thickening of the skin. Some develop with age, hormonal changes or even sun exposure.
How to Prevent Calluses
• Limit your activities – You can prevent a callus from forming by minimizing the activities that cause pressure or friction on your skin.
• Wear protection – If it is unavoidable, wear protective gloves or pads to reduce the pressure. You should always use proper footwear because it can protect your feet from pressure and weight. Make sure you wear a cushioned sole to absorb impact.
• Take care of your skin – This is important especially for people who have sensitive skin. Always check your skin for any signs of abrasions, irritations or patches caused by rubbing.
Since a callus is made up of thick dead cells, it becomes less sensitive compared to the rest of your skin. You can test it by poking it with your finger and you’ll feel that it doesn’t hurt as much.
Most calluses tend to disappear in time if the pressure or friction stops. Just like any other condition, the best way to treat a callus is to prevent it from forming.
A good advice is to always keep your feet dry and protected. Wear cotton socks instead of using synthetic fabrics that may only irritate your skin further.
Nevertheless, if you’ve already managed to acquire a callus on your skin. Here are some ways on how you can treat and get rid of it.
• Callus remover – Some shave off the top of the callus while many use a callus remover to smoothen and get rid of the thick dead layer of skin safely and effectively.
• Plasters or liquids – In some cases, others try to use plasters or liquids to remove the hard callus. However, not all substances are appropriate and safe for the skin especially those that contain salicylic acid.
• Moisturizers – You can also use a moisturizer to soften up the skin and even out cracked calluses. After moisturizing, you can gently rub the callus using a pumice.
• Creams – There are certain creams that provide a stronger effect on your callus. Although, you need to have it checked first because these heavy-duty creams should be recommended by your doctor or podiatrist.
• Surgery – For plantar calluses, you can have it removed through surgery. However, it doesn’t assure you that it will never grow back.
How to Pick the Best Callus Remover
Searching for a good quality callus remover that will satisfy you isn’t as easy as you think. In fact, it can be quite challenging.
When you’re buying a specific product especially for the first time, you are usually clueless. This is why reading and researching on relevant information and reviews like this article is very useful.
Knowing the basic features and functions of a product will help you decide which model is more suitable to your needs, preference, and lifestyle. Here are some factors to consider when you’re shopping for a callus remover.
• Versatility – A callus remover should be flexible in its features. You should be able to adjust the roller speed. This allows you to use the product depending on how thick and hard your callus is. If it is small, light, and minor, you can set it at a lower speed. On the other hand, if it appears hard and thick, you need to adjust it to a faster speed in order for it to work effectively.
• Design and style – Choose a product that is designed to fit your hands well. You should be able to hold and grip it comfortably without experiencing any soreness.It should be easy to use, grip and handle. Otherwise, if you are unable to hold it properly, then the device may accidentally slip from your hands while you are using it.
• Price – The price of a product is indeed one of the most important factors that can affect your buying decision. However, not all expensive products produce the best quality. At the same time, avoid cheap quality units because it may possibly harm your skin instead of treating it.There are many products that are offered at an affordable price point which also produces good quality products. Make sure you canvas first and do your research.
• Reviews – The best way to understand how effective a product works is to research and read customer reviews. It will help you narrow down your list.
Although, you should never base your decision on a review alone. It is still important that you feel and inspect the product personally. Ask someone from the store to demo it for you.
Best Callus Remover Reviews
Before you purchase a callus remover, we’ve created a list of the best callus remover reviews to help you decide which product is most appropriate for you. Here’s a summary of the Zoe+Ruth product:
The Zoe+Ruth Electric Callus Remover is a great tool for eliminating those rough and scaly patches on your skin. This device is water-resistant and can be used even if your skin is wet or dry. It is easy to clean and all you have to do is rinse it in tap water.
This tool is made with premium high-quality ABS materials and micro-abrasive rollers to ensure you that it will last you a long time. This product comes in a beautiful packaging which makes it a great idea for gift giving.
• This tool provides fast results in just a couple of minutes making it suitable for people who are always on the go.
• It is a powerful and strong tool which is why you don’t need to apply too much pressure when using it. In fact, it feels quite effortless on your skin.
• This device does the job well even on hard and thick callus. In just a few minutes, you’ll have softer and beautiful feet making you feel as if you’ve just stepped out of a foot spa.
• It has a strong and reliable battery life.
• The device has a light indicator to tell you when it’s charging. However, it doesn’t inform you when it is fully charged. You need to manually time it yourself.
• The casing is nice but not that practical because it has too much extra space it.
• It has the tendency to stop when pressure is applied. Make sure you don’t press on it too hard.
The Zoe+Ruth Electric Callus Remover is packaged in a nice carrying case that you can bring on your trips. It is also a great gifting idea for your friends or relatives especially those who love pampering themselves at home. It works effectively on removing rough callus but just make sure you don’t apply too much pressure on it.
(Ed note: The application of too much pressure is actually a safety feature so you don't burn your skin.